Buy Gastrointestinal System Homework Assignment
1. A nurse is caring for a patient who has an order for a
fleet enema to be self-administered at home the
morning of ambulatory surgery. What is important
for the nurse to teach the patient about this enema?
1. “Insert the tube 6 inches into the rectum to ensure
it is beyond the internal rectal sphincter.”
2. “Retain the enema solution as long as possible
to promote evacuation.”
3. “Lay on the right side as the solution is administered
for best results.”
4. “Warm it in the microwave for 1 minute to promote
2. A patient comes to the clinic reporting abdominal
bloating. The primary health-care provider identifies
that the patient has slowed intestinal peristalsis. What
should the nurse encourage the patient to do to minimize abdominal bloating. Select all that apply.
1. Eat a high-fiber diet.
2. Increase fluid intake.
3. Use laxatives sparingly.
4. Drink prune juice every morning.
5. Raise the head of the bed 30° when
3. A patient is scheduled for an esophagogastroduodenoscopy. Which is most important to discuss when
teaching the patient about this procedure?
1. Inform the patient that mild bloating and
flatulence is common after the test.
2. Teach that a scope will be inserted via the nose
and into the stomach and duodenum.
3. Instruct the patient to call the primary healthcare provider if vomiting blood occurs after the
4. Explain that drinking a small amount of water
after awakening from the anesthesia is considered
4. A nurse is caring for a patient who was admitted to
the hospital and is scheduled for surgery in the morning due to a partial intestinal obstruction secondary to
an intestinal mass. For which clinical indicator most
associated with an intestinal obstruction should the
nurse assess the patient?
1. Light-brown stool
2. Mucus in the stool
3. Ribbon shaped stool
4. Pungent odor to the stool
5. A nurse is to administer a premixed hypertonic disposable enema. The nurse verifies the primary healthcare provider’s order and performs all nursing
interventions necessary before actually administering
the enema. Place the remaining steps of the procedure
in the order in which they should be implemented.
1. Don clean gloves.
2. Drape the patient with the top sheet so that only the
buttocks are exposed.
3. Position the patient in the left side-lying position
with the right leg flexed.
4. Remove the enema tip from the patient’s
rectum while holding the container in
the rolled up position.
5. Squeeze the enema container, maintaining slow,
steady pressure from the bottom while rolling it
up until all fluid is delivered.
6. Insert the prelubricated enema tip beyond the
internal sphincter slowly while directing the
enema tip toward the umbilicus.
6. A patient reports a long-term problem with constipation. What should the nurse instruct the patient
to do to help minimize this problem?
1. “Include more bananas in your diet.”
2. “Drink a minimum of one quart of fluid a day.”
3. “Hold your breath when bearing down to have a
4. “Attempt to have a bowel movement after drinking
a warm liquid in the morning.”
7. A nurse is caring for a patient who was admitted to
the hospital with upper gastrointestinal bleeding. For
which clinical indicator associated with gastrointestinal bleeding should the nurse assess the patient?
1. Pale, clay-colored stool
2. Yellow, greenish stool
3. Hard, dry brown stool
4. Black, tarry stool
8. A patient reports frequent episodes of constipation.
Which should the nurse teach the patient to do to
help relieve this problem? Select all that apply.
1. Use a prepackaged 4 oz enema once
2. Drink at least 2 quarts of
fluid every day.
3. Exercise at least 15 minutes every day.
4. Eat fresh vegetables two times a day.
5. Take a laxative three times a week.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more