Buy Leadership and Management Discussion
1. Which action is most appropriate for the nurse to delegate to an unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP)?
1. Assisting a patient with a prosthetic leg to ambulate
to the bathroom
2. Teaching a patient with diabetes about the importance of eating an entire meal
3. Helping a patient to drink contrast media that
was poured into a cup by a nurse
4. Asking a patient who recently had surgery about
the intensity of pain being experienced
2. A nurse case manager is assessing an alert patient who
is a candidate for a nursing home. Which is the best
source of information about this patient?
1. Primary health-care provider
2. Family member
3. Charge nurse
3. A nurse is in charge of a team consisting of a registered nurse (RN), a licensed practical nurse (LPN),
and a nursing assistant (NA). Which tasks should the
nurse delegate to the LPN for the most effective use of
the expertise of staff members? Select all that apply.
1. Take vital signs on a postoperative
patient one day after surgery.
2. Perform a bed bath for a patient on
3. Obtain a blood glucose level on a
patient with diabetes.
4. Provide patient education regarding
a dressing change.
5. Discontinue tubing that was used to
4. A nurse on the day shift is annoyed with the nurse on
the night shift and reports concerns to the nurse manager. The day nurse states that the night nurse often
does not complete patient assignments or provide for
needed supplies, such as medication draws that are
missing the next dose of medication, supplies that are
not stocked for isolation rooms, and specimens that
are not collected. What is the nurse manager’s best
1. “What do you think I should do to correct these
2. “Which of these jobs can you assign to the nursing
assistant on your team?”
3. “Working nights is difficult, so do you think you
can help the night shift staff when you can?”
4. “When are you available so that I can arrange a meeting for the three of us to discuss these concerns?”
5. A nurse and a nursing assistant (unlicensed assistive
personnel) are working together caring for a group of
patients who recently had surgery. What action by the
nursing assistant requires immediate intervention by
1. Reinforcing a dressing that is soiled with serosanguineous drainage
2. Providing total assistance with a bed bath for a
patient who is disoriented
3. Giving a patient a cup of tea whose diet order was
changed from NPO to clear liquid
4. Assisting a patient to the bathroom on the second
day after the patient had minor abdominal surgery
6. A charge nurse is delegating assignments to staff
members working on a surgical unit. Which patient
should be assigned to a recently registered nurse
rather than an experienced registered nurse?
1. A woman with an elevated temperature after
surgery for an ectopic pregnancy
2. A middle-aged patient who had elective surgery for
repair of an abdominal hernia
3. A young adult who had a fractured femur as well
as multiple soft tissue injuries from an automobile
4. An older adult male who had a transurethral resection of the prostate who has cherry red drainage
from the continuous bladder irrigation
7. A nurse manager of an emergency department of a
trauma center receives notification of a domestic
terrorist attack in the community and that multiple
casualties are en route to the hospital. What leadership style is most appropriate when the nurse manager responds to this event?
8. A nurse manager identifies that the nurse in charge on
evenings needs additional in-service education about
the legal roles of nursing staff members when the
charge nurse assigns the:
1. nursing assistant to monitor vital signs and determine those that are significant.
2. registered nurse to teach a patient with a colostomy
how to care for the stoma.
3. licensed practical nurse to change several sterile
4. nursing assistant to give a bath to a patient with
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more