Buy Legal and Ethical Issuesb In Nursing
1. A home care nurse is visiting an older adult who
experienced a brain attack 2 years ago and now has a
sacral pressure ulcer. The nurse identifies that the
patient and spouse both appear unkempt and the
spouse appears tired and irritated. The patient is very
quiet and avoids eye contact. Which nursing action is
1. Explore with the patient and spouse their concerns.
2. Assess the patient for signs of physical abuse and
3. Discuss with the patient and spouse additional
resources to help with the patient’s care.
4. Assess the patient’s pressure ulcer and report findings to the primary health-care provider.
2. A patient is admitted to a home health-care program
for palliative care. When completing the admission
interview and nursing assessment the patient empathically states, “I want no intervention to extend my life
other than keeping me comfortable.” When talking
with family members they want the patient to continue chemotherapy. What should the nurse do?
Buy Legal and Ethical Issues In Nursing
1. Protect the patient’s right to self-determination.
2. Initiate a referral to a psychiatric nurse practitioner.
3. Ask the patient to reconsider chemotherapy for the
sake of the family.
4. Refer family members to the primary health-care
provider to resolve this issue.
3. A nurse is planning patient care based on moral and
ethical principles. Which nursing statement demonstrates an effort to implement the principle of fidelity?
1. “Let’s talk about foods that are healthy and that you
should include in your daily diet.”
2. “I know that you are out of work, so I have arranged
for you to get follow-up care at our out-patient clinic.”
3. “You said that your son wants you to have this surgery. What is important is what you believe is best
4. “It’s been half an hour and I am back as I promised
to ensure that the pain medication I gave you is
4. Which statements are associated with state nurse
practice acts? Select all that apply.
1. Nurse practice acts identify what a
nurse can and cannot do.
2. A purpose of state nurse practice acts
is to regulate the practice of nursing.
3. The federal government is the regulating agency responsible for state nurse
4. Student nurses are not obligated to
meet the same standards of care as are
5. If a student nurse is involved in a disciplinary action by the state board of
nursing, the student may be prohibited from taking the National Council
5. A nurse is caring for an adult patient who is scheduled
for surgery. Which action is not associated with the
nurse ensuring a valid, legal consent?
1. Observe the patient signing the consent form.
2. Ensure that the patient is signing the consent form
Buy Legal and Ethical Issues In Nursing
3. Assess if the patient has the capacity to make an
4. Review with the patient the risks and benefits of the
surgery before the consent is signed.
6. Which situation should the nursing staff refer to the
hospital ethics committee?
1. The adult patient with renal insufficiency who
2. The wife who wants her unconscious husband to
have a drug that is available in a phase-three trial
3. The parents of a developmentally disabled adult
who disagree with the health-care decisions of the
court appointed guardian
4. The adult patient recently diagnosed with metastatic cancer who wants hospice care but whose family
wants chemotherapy to be given immediately
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more