ECOM 322: Social Media Marketing
Posted: March 31st, 2021
In this project, you will work individually to provide social media consulting. You own a Social Media consulting company, and your company has been selected to work with a new Saudi organization (business or non-profit) of your choice (select a business of any industry). And they are planning to market and present their products or services on social media such as Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Foursquare, Facebook, YouTube and Blog…. etc.
The goal is to assess where the business is, in terms of their social media use and activities, while providing a sense of what you [As social media marketer] could do for them to develop their Social Media Marketing Plan [SMMP].
Within the SMMP, the student should decide what social media platform should be used, setting social media marketing goals and what content will be shared and create accounts on popular social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Foursquare, Facebook, YouTube and Blog…. etc.
For this part of the assignment, you need to write a report that describe the following aspects of the business.
- Brief overview [Brand Summary & Social Media Accounts] [1.5 marks]
- Find creative store/business name [Doesn’t exist].
- Describe the industry and company.
- Create proper social media accounts [such as Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat]. And provide screenshots of the accounts that you’ll use across all social platforms.
- Explain the competitive advantage in order to show how the company can realize significant gains by using SMM and what do you want to achieve with social media?
- Audit your social media platforms performance [2 marks]
- After creating your social media accounts, share it with your colleagues.
- All students are required to participate/engage [likes, comments, tags or share] and provide screenshots.
- Social media marketing statistics will give you the vision you need to improve your plan, check your account’s statistics [ex: Twitter analytics, Instagram Insights] and attach a screenshot to your report.
- After that, you must analyze the company’s use of the social media by examining their presence on the following social media platforms:
||Average response time to feedback
Note: you can use any free online Sentiment Analysis tools to evaluate your social media presence.
- Social media benchmarking [3 marks]
- Review the social media accounts of five local competitors and pay attention to their tone and personality and analyze your competition’s social media platforms, base your analysis on what you’ve observed on your competitor’s social media accounts across all platforms.
For each competitor answer the following questions:
- How your competitors use each platform?
- What type of content are they posting? And social media platforms used?
- What content is getting the highest engagement [e.g. retweet, likes, comments]?
- How many followers do they have?
- How often do they post [daily, weekly or monthly]?
- Do they respond to comments? And how?
- Are your competitors successful on these platforms?
Note: You can use any free online third-party platform for further analysis.
- SWOT Analysis [1 mark]
- Conduct a social media SWOT analysis for your business (At least 3 points for each element/factor).
- After completing SWOT analysis, think about the results and act accordingly, how can a SWOT analysis help your business?
5. Define your social media marketing goals [1.5 marks]
- Based on the finding from your social media audit, write the goals and strategies section of your SMMP.
- How are you going to get people to engage with your business on social media?
- Research your target audience [1 mark]
- Research to determine the target audience of your business.
- You will create three marketing personas that represent the organization’s target audience.
- Which platforms might best help you achieve your goals? [Select at least 4 platforms].
- Develop your social media brand/business standards [2 marks]
- Establish your business voice and tone and figure out how to speak with your target audience.
- What’s your business’s personality? Try to pick out 2 or 3 traits that define your style, and also list 2 or 3 that your style is not.
- Write a clear and detailed description of your brand/ business posting guidelines.
- What logos, positioning, and sizing will you use?
- What fonts and colors will you use?
- How your brand/ business will respond to public complaints, competitors, and questions from followers?
- Implementation [Content Ideas] [4.5 marks]
In detail, develop actionable social media tactics to implement each of the social media platforms.
For each social media platform [based on the previous selection (point #6)]:
- Determine the purpose/goal
- Ideal time for Posting
- What types of content will you create and share on each channel? And what types of content will help you driving people to your website and local store?
- What percentage of your posts will be promotional, if any
- How many hashtags will you use in your Twitter and Instagram posts (List 3 or 4)?
- Regarding influencer marketing strategy, select 3 influencers and evaluate the following:
- The influencers you will employ and why you selected them
- Social media platforms they are using
- The nature of their followers
- The media and messages you will ask your influencers to promote
- Create a social media content calendar plan for your business and attach a screenshot to your report.
- How to integrate paid advertising in your content marketing strategy?
Note: Provide screenshots of your work.
- Evaluation and Measuring [1.5 marks]
- Choose four metrics to measure the success of your social media campaign? [Explain].
- How do you know if your social media activities are effective?
- Budget [1 mark]
- How much your business should spend on its social media marketing budget? you should include the following: Content creation, Tools, Paid advertising, Paid partnerships (Influencer campaigns), Employees and training, Management and any important resources.
- Conclusion [1 mark]
- Reference list
- List all the sources you have used in the process of researching your work.