DescriptionFor hospitalized patients in the intensive care unit (P), does the use of central line bundle (I), compared without the use of central line bundle standards (C), reduces the incidence of central line-associated bloodstream infection (O) within 4 weeks of intensive care unit stay (T)?
Using a two-step process, students will evaluate and synthesize the external evidence results from two (2) of the strongest external studies retrieved during the search of the literature that supports the intervention of the PICOT question formulated in Week 1. These are the studies that answer the chosen PICOT question and directly relate to the chosen intervention. The studies must be within the discipline of nursing and not medicine.
Assignment Criteria: Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. Complete the Evaluation Table Template found in the Week 3 module with the results from the two strongest external evidence studies. a. Pages 179-181 (4th edition) provide detailed explanation of what type of information should be included in each category of the Evaluation Table.
2. Determine the strength of each of the two (2) studies using the rating system in Melnyk and Fineout-Overholt (4th edition) page 18 and add the Level for each studyto the evaluation table.a. Information on the evaluation table should be in bulleted format, not sentences.
3. Include a legend on the evaluation table.
4. Place the completed Evaluation Table as an appendix.
5. Write a one-page narrative that analyzes how the evidence from the two studies supports the intervention of the PICOT question. If the evidence does not support the intervention, describe what would be the next step in the evidence-based practice process.
6. Include a brief introduction, purpose statement and conclusion.
7. Level 1 headings required.
8. Include a title page, reference page and appendix.
9. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
10. APA 7th edition format is required.
11. The assignment does not need to be submitted to Turnitin.
12. Submit the assignment and copies of both studies (PDFs) by the posted due date.
For the narrative part
Level 1 headings Evaluate the evidence introduction
Level 1 heading PICOT Question
Level 1 heading Evaluation Evidence from Study 1
Level 1 heading Evaluation Evidence from Study 2
Level 1 heading Conclusion
I have two studies in mind
1. Central line-associated bloodstream infection reduction and bundle compliance in intensive care unit: a national study by E. Yoko Furuya et al, 2016
2. Central venous catheter bundle adherence: kamishibai card ( k card) rounding for central line associated bloodstream infection prevention by Jennifer A Ormsby et al, 2020
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more