1 of 2
ITEC 1000 Assignment #1
Due: Wednesday June 16, 10 PM – Submission upload link will close at 22:00 EST sharp.
• All submissions must be made on time via the upload link at the top portion of the eClass site.
• Do not wait until the last minute – technical difficulties or carelessness are not considered valid excuses for
failing to submit.
• Email submissions to the instructor will be rejected.
• If you failed to meet the deadline for the Academic Honesty attestation, the mark is automatic zero for this
1. Software: Office 365 MS Word™ is recommended to construct a standard Word
format document, i.e., *.docx. If you use a non-MS WORD compatible program, e.g.,
Pages™, etc., the file must be saved as *.PDF format.
2. Both questions and answers should be well formatted and presented – including table
data. Poor format/presentation will incur 5-mark deduction from your score.
3. Be sure to name the file as your full name in the following format – all lowercase
firstname_lastname.docx – e.g., margaret_hamilton.docx Upload only the single
document file – not a folder. Wrongly named file or otherwise improper submission
incurs automatic 5-mark deduction from your score.
4. All questions should be taken at face value and answered. If explanations are
required, state them clearly and coherently.
5. As always, Academic Honesty requirement is in effect – Do your own work to avoid
unpleasant possible consequences.
Questions: [40 Total Marks]
1. Express 791 as a polynomial in each of the following bases. 
E.G., The polynomial expression of 791 base-10 is: 7 * 102 + 9 * 10 + 1
2. Convert the following numbers to base-10. 
3. If the numbers below are decimal numbers convert to binary. 
4. If the numbers below are binary numbers convert to hexadecimal. 
2 of 2
5. Use the Web to find out how many countries are currently officially assigned a 3-digit ISO 3166 country codes.
Which country has the highest numeric ID code number? How many bits are necessary to represent all
assigned country ID numbers; why? 
6. Perform the following calculations and indicate the result accurately. 
a. 1018 + 7708 =
b. 1067hex + ABC9hex =
c. AB7Dhex – 1111hex =
7. Please read carefully. Using minimum number of digits in 2’s complement notation , perform 10 – 7 (subtraction
by preserving addition). Show all the significant steps in your work by indicating the starting values, sign
conversion and the addition operation aligning all numbers including the carry values in each position using
the Courier New font. Indicate the final value as decimal. 
8. Represent the decimal number 0.0525 in base-10 scientific notation without a decimal point. 
9. Using 10-bit floating point notation having the format SEEEMMMMMM: 
a. Decode to decimal integer and/or fraction): 0001110110
b. Decode to decimal integer and/or fraction): 1101100000
c. Encode: -3/32
d. Encode: +5 and 6/8
10. Using an ASCII Table, decode: 
11. On average, a typical page of text holds roughly 2000 characters. Approximately how many pages of Unicode
text can a storage media with 1 Gigabyte of free space hold? Show each step of unit conversions and
calculation required. 
Note: only an approximation is required – do not use a calculator to answer this question.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more