Posted: June 28th, 2021
Page 1 of 1
Agency Northern Territory Police Fire and
Work unit Youth Engagement and Judicial Services
Job title Administration Support Officer Designation Administrative Officer 3
Job type Full Time Duration Ongoing
Salary $62,773 – $67,746 Location Darwin
Position number 9756 RTF 215579 Closing
Contact Sally Nicholas, Acting Senior Sergeant on 08 8985 8301 or [email protected]
About the agency http://www.pfes.nt.gov.au/
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=215579
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume
Information for applicants – Inclusion and diversity and Special measures
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all
diversity groups to apply for vacancies and accommodates people with disability by making reasonable workplace
adjustments. If you require an adjustment for the recruitment process or job, please discuss this with the contact officer.
For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants
will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Provide high quality administrative and system support to staff of Youth Engagement and Judicial Services and operational
police members, including preparation and management of court files.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide system, clerical and administrative assistance to Police and Civilian Prosecutors, the public, Office of the
Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP), Police Members, Courts and Defence Counsel as directed.
2. Operate computer systems under a Windows environment including the government mainframe applications as used
by the Northern Territory Police and prepare legal documentation using the Integrated Justice Information System
(IJIS) as required.
3. From time to time management of all travel, accommodation and local transport requirements for witnesses and
Prosecutors required for court under the management of Judicial Policy Darwin.
4. Management of all Witness Summons documents generated on behalf of Judicial Policy and ODPP.
5. Maintain databases, filing systems, indices and update records management.
1. High order of keyboard and word processing skills and experience using a range of computer programs and their
associated software packages and tools, including word processors, spreadsheets, databases and electronic mail.
2. Understanding of legal procedures and proven experience working in an administrative support area dealing with
confidential issues and documents.
3. Ability to negotiate/resolve issues as they arise in a timely manner and work in a high pressure environment.
4. A strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to set and maintain deadlines and work with limited supervision.
5. Ability to work in a support role within a rank-structured organisation, recognising and respecting protocols therein.
6. Ability to work as part of a team.
7. Knowledge of the Northern Territory Government system application IJIS, in particular in relation to the typing of
charges and issuing of summonses, or the ability to quickly obtain such knowledge.
1. Experience with Northern Territory (NT) Government systems applications including PROMIS, TRIPS, TRM, EIMS and
2. Knowledge of Court procedures and legal processes.
3. Knowledge of the Local Court (Criminal Procedures) Act 1928 or the ability to quickly obtain such knowledge, as it
relates to summons.
4. Some ability to interpret NT legislation and Police policy.
This position may be required to work; 07.00hrs-15.21hrs or 08.00hrs-16.21hrs. The successful applicant must consent to
a police check of criminal records and intelligence data to confirm they have no significant criminal history. The role is
exposed to graphic material, including confronting and sensitive images and statements of violent offences.
Approved: 21 June 2021 James A. O’Brien Acting Commander
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.