Order Infection Control and Wound Care
1. A nurse is caring for an older adult who sustained a
skin tear on the forearm. What type of dressing
should the nurse anticipate the primary health-care
provider might order for this injury?
1. Hydrogel dressing
2. Dry sterile dressing
3. Wet-to-moist dressing
4. Transparent film dressing
2. A nurse is assessing a patient who has a wound on the
leg as the result of a bicycle accident. Which clinical
manifestation indicates a localized inflammatory
1. Body temperature is 101.4°F.
2. Heart rate is 102 beats/minute.
3. Area around the wound is swollen.
4. Exudate from the wound is greenish yellow
3. A nurse is caring for a patient with gastroenteritis
who is receiving contact precautions. Which actions
are required when caring for this patient? Select all
1. Keeping visitors 3 feet away from the
2. Wearing gloves when entering the
3. Wearing a gown when entering the
4. Wearing an eye protective
surgical mask if working within
3 feet of the patient
5. Placing the patient in a private room
or cohort with another patient with
the same organism
4. A nurse is assessing a patient. Which assessment
indicates that the patient may be at risk for infection
because a primary defense is impaired?
1. Oral mucous membranes are pink.
2. Hair can be seen in the nostrils.
3. Eyes appear moist.
4. Skin is dry.
5. Which action is unique to maintaining airborne precautions for a patient with a diagnosis of suspected
1. Maintaining negative air pressure in the room
2. Wearing a surgical mask when in the room
3. Donning a gown when entering the room
4. Wearing gloves when entering the room
6. A group of women who are positive for HIV are attending a program about how to prevent the transmission of the virus. Which activity should the nurse
teach them to avoid?
3. Shaking hands
4. Using public toilet seats
7. A nurse is administering a vaccination to a female
patient. Which questions should the nurse ask the
patient before administering the vaccination? Select
all that apply.
1. “Are you menstruating?”
2. “Do you live in a home with very
3. “Have you had a temperature within
the last 24 hours?”
4. “Have you received another vaccination within the last month?”
5. “Did you ever have an allergic reaction to this vaccination in the past?”
8. A nurse is assessing several patients with a variety
of wounds. Which type of wound should the nurse
anticipate will heal by secondary intention?
1. Paper cut
2. Pressure ulcer
3. Abdominal incision from surgery
4. Superficial slash caused by a knife
9. A nurse is assessing a patient who had numerous
stitches several days ago for a traumatic injury to the
base of the right index finger. Which assessment of
the site indicates that the inflammatory response has
progressed to an infectious process?
1. Yellow discharge
2. Swelling around the site
3. Inability to flex the finger
4. Feeling of heat when touched
10. A nurse is counseling a sexually active male patient
newly diagnosed with HIV about the ways it is transmitted. Which situations that increase the risk of
transmitting HIV should the nurse discuss with this
patient? Select all that apply.
1. Unprotected anal sex with another
2. Unprotected sex with a menstruating
3. Receiving unprotected oral sex from
4. Unprotected sex when the receiver
has a genital lesion
5. Sharing intravenous drug equipment
with another person
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more