Introduction: In biology, a feedback mechanism is a physiological loop that brings the body either toward or away from the normal, steady state. The feedback mechanism, also referred to as a feedback loop, either amplifies a certain biological pathway or inhibits it. These pathways most commonly return the body to homeostasis.
Title: Observing Feedback Mechanisms in Excretion
Aim: To observe excretory feedback control
Apparatus: hormone levels data, pencil, graph paper
· collect blood hormone level data for a patient who is thirsty
· record their levels of ADH, over a period of time
· discuss the relationship between increase in thirst [over time] and ADH production
· draw a graph to show the levels of ADH in the plasma as thirst increases
Plasma ADH (pg/ml)
· Discuss the function of ADH
· Define osmoregulation
· What is feedback control?
· Why are feedback mechanisms important?
· Discuss negative vs. positive feedback
· What trends do you identify from the graph?
· hints: what is the relationship between thirst and increased ADH? Is this an example of negative or positive feedback?
ADH Feedback Mechanism ORR
All sections of lab completed /1
Methodology [past tense/ passive voice] /1
Graph cuts more than half the page /1
Graph has appropriate title /1
Axes labeled [w/ units] /1
Suitable intervals /1
Correctly plotted points [1/2 pt. ea.] /4
ADH Feedback Mechanism A/I
Discuss the function of ADH /1
Define Osmoregulation /1
What is feedback control? /1
Why are feedbacks important? /1
Negative vs. positive feedback /2
Identify trends from the graph? /2
Related to the aim /1
Brings closure to the lab /1
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more