For your main discussion post, find one website that speaks to the relationship between stress, coping and illness, and respond to each prompt below:
1) Provide the link to the website
2) Explain how the information that is presented on the website is related to what we discussed in class about stress and coping.
3) Use Google Scholar (Links to an external site.) to search for peer-reviewed academic articles related to stress and coping during the COVID-19 pandemic. Google Scholar helps you find reputable scientific articles that were peer-reviewed before they were published. It is a better resource for conducting university research than is the regular Google Search engine. You should use multiple keywords in your search (e.g., coping, stress, COVID-19, etc.). Locate an article on the list that Google Scholar (Links to an external site.) generates that interests you and read the abstract. Do not use the first article on the list (unless it is of special interest to you), otherwise, too many students will end up reporting on the exact same article. Provide a citation for the article in APA format (hint: you can find the citation in APA style by clicking the quotation marks under the article in Google Scholar), and write one to two sentences describing the article’s main topic.
4) Provide one example of how someone might use the coping strategies talked about in class (e.g., problem-focused coping) or through your research to help them handle stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic (for example, handling stress due to isolation, health, changes in routine, other general fears, etc.). Please feel free to provide your own unique example if you wish.
5) Explain how what you learned about stress, coping, and illness can be useful to you later in life.
Step 2: you need to comment in this post:
“1. https://akjournals.com/view/journals/2006/9/2/arti… (Links to an external site.)
2. This article is interesting as it researches how children during the COVID era have turned to video and online games as a coping mechanism. Video or online games are a good example of emotion-focused coping. It can be used as a hearty distraction and helps with moderators of stress such as support as many online games are played with teams. It went on to talk about the positive outcomes of playing video games (such as healthy coping strategies, stress reduction, and community) it did mention overindulging in these games was likely to pose risks to healthy lifestyles and difficulties readapting to life after COVID.
King, D. L., Delfabbro, P. H., Billieux, J., & Potenza, M. N. (2020). Problematic online gaming and the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Behavioral Addictions, 9(2), 184–186. https://doi.org/10.1556/2006.2020.00016 (Links to an external site.)
4. This particular example, as stated above, is a good representation of emotion-focused coping as the online gaming is being used as a social distraction. This can apply to those no interested in video games as well. Those suffering from stresses of isolation can become involved in teams online, those suffering from boredom or feelings of restriction can learn new hobbies or engage in other distraction techniques.
5. I personally enjoyed learning about emotion-focused vs. problem-focused coping skills. I can see times in my life where I used emotion-focused coping when problem-focused coping may have been a better option. By becoming more cognisant of these techniques I can now identify and combat them if needed. “
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more